| Property Description:
• Real Estate Closes: Tues., September 24th @ 6 CDT
• Personal Property Auctions Close: Sept. 25 & 26th
Whittington Family Auction
Online Only Bidding
502 Chestnut Street – Henderson, KY
Curran Miller Auction/Realty, Inc. is proud to offer, at public auction, the extraordinary home of the George and Agnes Whittington family. This one of a kind, brick home contains 6,144 square feet with 5 bedrooms, 3.5 baths and a 5,072 square foot basement. Built in 1959, the home, which was designed by architect John Hironimus, is a fascinating example of mid-century modern architecture. This post-war design aesthetic features clean lines, open floor plans and ample windows with the intention of opening up interior spaces and bringing the outdoors in.
Situated on a beautiful, professionally landscaped 2.6 acre site, this unique home is as special as the fascinating family who lived there. Please join us at one of our two public showings to view the real estate as well as the personal property which will also be offered in an online only auction.
Real Estate Auction Closes:
Tuesday, September 24th @ 6:00 CDT
• Incredible mid-century modern residence on 2.6± acres
• 6,144 square foot main floor with 5 bedrooms & 3.5 baths
• 5,072 square foot unfinished basement
• Beautiful, professionally designed and maintained landscaping
• Bright, open floor plan perfect for entertaining
• Spacious living room with fireplace & access to flagstone covered patio
• Inviting master suite with large walk-in closet / dressing room
Personal Property Auctions Close:
Wednesday, September 25th & Thursday, September 26th.
· • Samurai swords & 2 suits of Edo Period Samurai armor
• Taxidermy items including Polar Bear rug and Cape Buffalo mount
• WWII helmets and armaments, including Third Reich
• Antique to modern furniture including original Mies Van Der Rohe Barcelona chairs, bench & ottoman
• Collection of modern artwork
• Fine jewelry
• Large collection of books printed in 1600’s to present
• Firearms and ammunition
Previews: Wed., September 18th and Thurs., September 19th from 4 to 6 pm
Curran Miller Auction/Realty, Inc.
Kentucky Auctioneers License #6065